Monday, February 14, 2011

Background

I'm Sarah, a Midwest native practicing law in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  

I received my Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Law and Psychology from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.  While at Purdue, I was on the Dean's List, assisted a Professor with a Social Cognitive Research Lab and spent a summer studying abroad in Florence, Italy.  

After graduation, I took a year off to work in the legal field before continuing my education at Indiana University School of Law in downtown Indianapolis.  During law school, I was active in Phi Delta Phi (a legal fraternity) and the Environmental Law Society.  I also participated in Moot Court and was a research assistant for one of my professors.  I interned at two different civil litigation firms giving me a wide variety of experience.  I worked with a solo practitioner who specialized in ERISA disability cases.  I then moved to a larger firm which represented the Indiana State Agencies in their civil litigation lawsuits.  I also was exposed to business litigation and some family law.  

I moved to Everett, Washington after graduating from Indiana University School of Law in May 2010.  I currently practice in the areas of commercial and residential landlord-tenant law, condo/homeowners law, military law and family law.  I also volunteer two afternoons a week at the Housing Justice Project (HJP) in King County.  At HJP, I assist clients facing eviction in answering paperwork, negotiating with opposing counsel to settle the case without a hearing and in some cases, represent the client in a Show Cause Hearing.

I offer free consultations and take cases in King, Snohomish, Skagit and Island Counties.  Please email me at jacobsonlawfirm@gmail.com with any questions!

View my profile on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment